The main task of the zoologist is to identify mechanisms that affect nature as negative factors. They find out the reasons and find ways to stop the extinction of certain species. Zoologists participate in the creation of reserves, park areas, where rare representatives of the natural fauna live.
Zoology is a science originating from the era of Ancient Greece. It is known that Aristotle was one of the first works devoted to the animal kingdom. Interest in this area did not fade in the Middle Ages: people continued to study the habits and characteristics of both wild and domesticated animals. Since the XVIII century, the study of our smaller brothers has become more serious and scientific, the first microscopes appeared, the previously accumulated knowledge began to be systematized.
These experts visit different countries and continents, studying the animal world. The work of a zoologist is complex and dangerous. They conduct research and systematize the information received. After which the results of their work are used in medicine, pharmaceuticals and other fields. This work is directly related to expeditions and travels on the planet.
To clearly understand where to put certifications on resume, consider the list of duties of a zoologist:
- Carrying out research in order to detect the behavior of various animals in a variety of conditions. They must collect specific data on their nutrition and reproduction. Also, experts find out how useful and safe animals are for humans.
- They must prepare research papers, write articles and other materials.
- Zoologists should consult with representatives of similar fields of activity. These are doctors, veterinarians and other specialists.
- Specialists need to participate in the organization of measures to protect certain types of animals.
- Zoologists control the environmental conditions where various species of animal fauna live.
- Such professionals should be able to handle professional equipment for video and photo shooting.
- They must be able to process the data obtained in special laboratories.
Also, zoologists need to attend various symposia and seminars to improve professional knowledge. This will increase your own income and will be a good achievement, which can be added to the resume. Also, when creating a resume, keep in mind that it is better to duplicate it. If you still can not decide on the format of the resume, here is a detailed article https://resumesbot.com/resume-pdf-or-doc-choose-the-best-file-format-for-your-resume/ Here you will find a lot useful information.
Zoologists can achieve world recognition by making significant discoveries in their field of activity. If you decide to study for a specialist in this profession, easily go to college at a budget place. The competition here is low. But the job is dangerous, especially if you are doing wildlife research in the wild.
Features of the profession
The work of a zoologist often takes place in the field, where the animal species of interest resides. For their activities, specialists should be able to use modern technology for photographing or making video and sound recordings. In addition, the zoologist can engage in laboratory experiments, participate in local or international programs to study the life and behavior of animals. To do this, he needs to be able to use laboratory tools and instruments, to know foreign languages. Due to the fact that the work of the zoologist proceeds in direct contact with animals, this profession has a certain risk. Animals are often carriers of such dangerous viruses for humans as bird flu or mad cow disease, therefore, a specialist should be as careful as possible and strictly follow safety rules. What is the name of a specialist zoologist who studies beetles? In zoology, many highly specialized sections, usually divided by animal kingdom.
There are the following narrow specializations of this profession:
- ichthyologists (study fish);
- arachnologists (study arachnids);
- malacologists (study mollusks and soft-bodied invertebrates);
- bird watchers (study birds);
- herpetologists (study reptiles and reptiles), etc.
- Specialists-zoologists who deal with bugs, flies and other insects are called entomologists (from the ancient Greek “entomos” – an insect).
Requirements for the personal qualities of a zoologist
In order for the profession to bring not only money, but also pleasure, it is worth following the call of the heart and find in yourself the qualities that will speak of professional suitability. For a specialist in zoology, they are as follows:
- Love for the animal kingdom;
- Interest in the natural sciences;
- Increased level of attention;
- The desire for new discoveries;
- The desire to preserve populations of endangered animals.
Zoologist’s knowledge requirements
A qualified specialist must possess the following set of professional knowledge:
- Have excellent knowledge in the anatomy of various species of the animal world;
- Know the physiology of all types of animals studied;
- Items such as obstetrics, veterinary medicine, and biology are important;
It is excellent to know the rules of labor protection in working with animals. The requirements are strict, but otherwise in this profession it is impossible.
Place of work
Any specialist who has gained good knowledge can easily find a job. Employees with a lot of knowledge are in demand in government institutions and in the commercial sector. It can be:
- Research centers.
- Organization for the protection of natural resources.
- National reserves.
- Private parks.
- Profile specialized laboratories.
- Medical and pharmacological centers.
The work of specialists in this field is not office. You must have stamina and good nerves. Naturally, such people are very fond of nature and wildlife.